General Policies of the GSO Earth Station One (GSO ES-1)
THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE GLOBAL SPACE ORGANIZATION. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE ANY CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS OR ENTITLEMENTS. THE GLOBAL SPACE ORGANIZATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THE CONTENT OF THIS DOCUMENT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. NO PROMISES OR ASSURANCES, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, WHICH ARE CONTRARY TO OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE TERMS OF THIS PARAGRAPH CREATE ANY CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
The following set of rules and regulations is intended to serve as a general guideline in governing appropriate employee and/or crewmen in training behavior. The list is not intended to include all offenses for which an individual may be disciplined, discharged or separated from the GSO Crew Training Program.
Performance Rules: (For all Crewmen in Training & GSO Employees)
1. Strive for the highest performance standards, do your best.
2. You are expected to meet the assigned standards of efficiency, productivity, and performance. You should never intentionally fail to perform your assigned duties.
3. Be at your assigned workstation ready to work at the start of your shift and at the end of your break and lunch periods. You also are expected to work until the end of your shift or the beginning of your break and lunch periods.
4. You must inform your supervisor if you are going to be absent or late.
1. Insubordination is prohibited. Insubordination includes the failure or refusal to obey the orders or instructions of a supervisor, instructor or staff officers, the use of abusive or threatening language toward such individuals, or any conduct that undermines leadership.
2. Do not threaten, intimidate, coerce, provoke, interfere, or fight with employees, supervisors, instructors, officers, customers, visitors, or suppliers at any time.
3. Do not make false or malicious statements about employees, supervisors, instructors, management, the GSO or its services, students, suppliers, or visitors at any time.
4. The use of profane or abusive language is not permitted, maintain your professionalism while on duty or onboard station at all times.
5. Do not engage in any act that may result in danger or injury to yourself, your fellow employees, visitors, or students.
Property of Others:
1. Do not abuse, misuse, damage, destroy, sabotage, or steal the GSO or the State’s property, or the property of employees, supervisors, students, or visitors.
2. The use of GSO property for personal purposes is not permitted without proper authorization.
1. Do not falsify or fail to completely disclose all information requested or recorded on any employment, personnel, production, or other record of the GSO or students, suppliers, or insurance carriers, etc.
2. Do not alter, misuse, or remove from the GSO ES-1 premises, without proper authorization, employees list, records, checks, or confidential information of any nature.
3. Do not falsify employee or crewmen records by recording false or misleading information. Do not complete any employee time records other than your own.
4. It is the responsibility of all employees and GSO crewmen to safeguard the GSO’s information. Unauthorized access to confidential information by employees or others will not be tolerated.
1. Gambling on GSO ES-1 (The Station) premises is strictly prohibited.
2. The possession of guns of any type, including handguns, or other lethal weapons onboard GSO ES-1 premises is strictly prohibited without proper authorization.
3. Do not post or remove notices, signs, or any written or printed material on or from bulletin boards or elsewhere at any time without permission.
4. Always report any mistake by yourself or another person that could affect GSO ES-1 operations or the quantity or quality of its products or services.
5. Sleeping on duty is strictly prohibited.
6. Possession or consumption, while at work onboard GSO ES-1, of alcohol or drugs that were not prescribed for you by a physician is prohibited. Likewise, reporting to work under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be tolerated.
7. Conviction for the manufacture, distribution, or sale of illegal drugs will not be tolerated. You may be indefinitely suspended without pay or training terminated upon being criminally charged and pending resolution of the matter.
Parking and Access to Premises:
1. Park only in the area designated for GSO ES-1 station personnel.
Parking areas on the GSO ES-1 premises are restricted to the employees, students and other authorized guests or visitors.
We believe that Global Space Organization (GSO) employees and/or crewmen in training are and will continue to be good and professional people, and that they ordinarily will not engage in acts contrary to the best interests of themselves, other employees, students or the GSO. However, in instances in which employees do engage in conduct contrary to these interests, they will receive discipline appropriate for such misconduct. The degree of discipline in each case, up to and including discharge, will be determined by the severity of the situation involved.
Discipline can take may forms. It may be something as simple as a formal counseling between the individual and the supervisor. Disciplinary action may include an oral or written warning, suspension without pay, loss of annual bonuses, or possibly termination from employment. The GSO has no obligation to use any one or more of these forms of discipline. Any or all of these forms of discipline may be employed if the misconduct is deemed serious enough by the GSO.